You can buy fish food that will give your fish all the nutrients it needs to be healthy. Depending on the fish, you can also feed fresh food to fish such as shrimp, crickets, and worms. Your fish may also like to eat spinach, zucchini, peas, and lettuce.
You need to pick an aquarium that will be the right size depending on the size of your fish and how many fish you will have. Too small of a tank can harm fish.
Most tropical fish live 3-5 years. A goldfish can live up to 20 years!
Taking Care of Your Fish
· You must take care of your fish tank by taking care of the water by testing it and keeping it a certain temperature by using a heater. A gravel vacuum can help filter the water to keep it healthy for fish.
· Most sicknesses in pet fish come from the tank not being clean.
Visiting the Veterinarian
Although many people do not take their fish to vet, it is recommended you see a vet if your fish is not eating, not swimming, or doing things that they don’t normally do. A vet can help figure out the problem.
· Some people have salt water tanks that hold fish and creatures that live in the ocean.
· There are 27,000 different species of fish!
· Fish use their mouth to taste and smell.
· Fish can only hear low pitched sounds.
· If a fish has a lot of slime, it usually means they are sick and should be taken to a vet.