Kittens need kitten food and water.
You do not have to keep your kitten in a cage. Setting them up with a safe space in the house that is near people but not too busy is best. Cats like small, cozy areas.
Cats usually live about 15 years.
Taking Care of Your Kitten
· Kittens should stay with their mother for at least 12 weeks.
· You will need to get your kitten a kitty litter box, a scratch post, and a place for the kitten to climb.
· You need to make a safe space for your kitten out of reach of other pets and small children.
· Normally you do not need to bathe your kitten or cat.
Visiting the Veterinarian
Kittens need to go to the vet to their vaccinations like the Rabies vaccination. An adult cat needs to go to the vet at least once a year for a checkup. You should always take your cat to the vet if you think they are sick.
· Kittens are born with closed eyes
· Kitten are born with blue eyes and their eye color can change
· Kittens see differently than humans and use their whiskers and sense of smell
· Kittens sleep about 90% of the time – almost 22 hours!